Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life

I believe it was John Stott who said:

"...Life is a pilgrimage of learning, a voyage of discovery in which our mistaken views are corrected, our distorted notions adjusted, our shallow opinions deepened, and some of our vast ignorances diminished..."

For the life of me, I have been unable to ascertain the source in the midst of the 1000s on hard copies in my library!

Somehow, my library program was corrupted and I am crippled.

Yeow!

Still, it is an apt metaphor for life!

bob

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone posted it here, although with a couple words different. This one sounds more correct as it's not likely the word opinions was used twice.

Unknown said...

I fired off a message to the poster. Will see if she has the source.

CapMin said...

Is the quote from Christian Mission in the Modern World?

Bob Lewis said...

I suspect it is, though I cannot locate my copy. I recall it was from something Stott wrote in the 70s!

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Okay, the poster from NewsVine reports:

"It is from his book ... Christian Missions in a Modern World. I think it's around page 5. I fell in love with it and used it as part of my testimony when I was baptised August, 2007."