Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Thursday, June 10, 2010

What's In An Example?

Forty-Five years ago it was my good fortune to meet band of godly, disciplined believers who instilled in me three fundamental disciplines of the Christian life:

1) Daily devotional life
2) Disciplined Bible reading
3) Systematic Bible study

At the time, the disciplines seemed awesome, but their example was motivating and whet my appetite and I purposed to develop those disciplines.

Now, 45+ years later, I have read through the Bible probably 70 times, memorized umpteen thousands of verses, and studied my way through the New Testament, all the Prophets, most of the Pentateuch, and many of the historical books.

All of which to say: Thank God for Example (1 Corinthians 11:1).

Their Lives were the means God used.

Hopefully, my life carries the same weight.

How about yours?

No comments: