Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Memories

Just got an email from one of the fellows I ministered to 20+ years ago, while he was in seminary at Biblical.

At that time, he fell subject to my influence in terms of the anti-abortion movement.

At the moment, he is deep in southern Mexico with SIL and has translated most of the NT into a tribal language.

In his post to me he recalled an incident where we had been arrested and were being held in one the the "holding tanks".

He said he recalled my being dead asleep on the floor, head under one of the concrete slabs, and one of the other pro-lifers making the observation while pointing to my inert frame, "...now there is a man with a clear conscience..." So true!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Hey Bob, stumbled on your blog. This post made me laugh (in a good way)!

Mike

Bob Lewis said...

My apologies for the delay in response. The rule is, one is supposed to be smarter than one's tools, but, this olde bird is still learning!

Keep tough, tender, and teachable!

bob