Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Shack

After a lengthy period of waiting, I finally found time through the good graces of another brother to read, The Shack.

It was a discipline, having read reviews, pro and con, to attempt an unbiased read. Most will probably suggest my failure.

Sigh.

First blush, I loved it!

It was a fictional dream. Job: 33:15-18 God, forbid, the ministry of dreams!

Can God do this?

Does God do this?

Is this the “norm”?

As to the latter, NO!

As to the former, I don’t know.

God can do whatever He likes! But, and If He does, my suspicion is, he will prompt the recipient in the manner in which he provoked The Apostle Paul ( 2 Cor. 12:7-10.) .

As it pertains to each and every attempt of a believing author, I am driven by Isaiah’s admonition: “…Isaiah 8:20 and Matt. 22:29.

Ain't that a beach!

We are left with propositions!

Propositions?

Feelings are so much more substantial, whatever a "...feeling..." is?

Where does God get off with leaving us with propositions, when Moses and the others had visions, dreams, visual manifestations, etc.?

Somehow, I get the idea the "bar' has been raised in terms of The New Covenant?

What gives?

Does this suggest God intends to treat me as an Adult?

Oops!

No comments: