Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization

My first experience with Vishal’s work and am prompted to explore more.

Having just completed for the 3rd time Carey’s bio by his grandson, I was encouraged to read the author’s observations and will read his personal work on Carey.

The book is well written, each section promoting a thesis and illustrated with personal experiences. I felt as if I were reading Barzun, Stark, Paul Johnson with a touch of Schaeffer lurking in the background. Certainly, non-evangelicals will bristle as they read but, for me, an enjoyable experience on my birthday.

Sat down to read and continued to the end. Will obviously recall this birthday experience among the decades of others.

No comments: