Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Monday, December 29, 2008

BraveHearted Gospel

Reading this book was worthwhile for this singular quotation: “…cultivating ignorance to evade obedience…”

Much of what the author writes falls into the category for me, of, “..take it or leave it..”.

But this quote resonated as I considered my experience of the church and the average saint over the past 50+ years!

How often have we/I heard the mantra, “…ignorance is bliss…”?

Well, ignorance, i.e. wilfull ignorance is personal and culpable responsibility for the believer. (Proverbs 24:11, 12) (Prov. 31: 8, 9)

How I wish the author, IMHO, had a more correct view of the New Covenant.

The issue IS NOT, what would Jesus do: but, what are we to do in a New Covenant context?

Jesus was a son of the Old Covenant.

I am a son of the New.

Correspondingly, our conduct is slightly different.

At the same time, my model: if you will pardon the seeming irreverence: is NOT Jesus.

I am a son of the New Covenant. He was a son of the OLD

Though I greatly admired the example of Paul and Peter, and acknowledge my falling short of their example, still I am a son of the New Covenant which they inaugurated and saw fulfilled; but under which they never truly/fully lived.

History is unfolding in the context of The New Covenant. The “…stone cut out without hands…” destroyed the 4th kingdom and the kingdom of God now reigns!

Our perception of that reign must be captive to the text, versus our interpretation of said texts!

I suspect this post/comment will elicit a measure response.

Yeow.

No comments: