Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The End of the World?

Book Review: Will the World End in 2012? by Raymond C. Hundley, Ph.D.

Yeow!

In fact, double Yeow!!

Reading Will The World End In 2012 was an interesting and somewhat enlightening experience til I came across the author’s reference to Mr. Van Impe as a “respected Bible teacher”. What? How often must a man be wrong before he loses the title “respected Bible teacher”, at least in the area of eschatology? Mr. Van Impe may have much of the Bible committed to memory (a fact which makes me somewhat envious ), but his interpretations are way out in left field. Seems he turned right at third base!

Dr. Hundley reviews ten end time scenarios. Some I had never heard of, so the exposure was helpful, especially the chapter on CERN, the super collider. The remainder I had heard of and had dismissed as of little value.

I must admit, I am one of the blogger reviewers, receiving the book, Gratis, and am also a Christian persuaded by the scriptures that this old planet will continue, “…world without end…”, or eon after eon until such time as The Creator determines to destroy it (if ever?).

I would not recommend this book.

No comments: