Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Friday, September 26, 2008

A Thomas Kuhn Experience!

Talk about mind-stretching!

I casually picked up a book at a local discount house the other day. The price was more than reasonable and the title provocative.

In my mind, it would be a reasonable balance to another book on my shelf!

Well, I began to read the book while returning from Chicago the other day, and my socks began to be “blown off”!

The book is Rethinking Christ and Culture, a Post-Christendom Perspective, by Craig A. Carter, Brazos Press, 2006.

At the moment, I am only ½ way through the book but it is really serving to challenge my paradigms.

Especially challenging was another view of the traditional Just War Theory.

Hopefully, in the days ahead, my intent is to share these and other insights relative to one’s remaining “tough, tender, and teachable” for Jesus’ sake and The Kingdom’s advance.

No comments: