Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Book To Challenge Your Heart And Mind

Revolution In World Missions, K P Yohannan.

This is the story of God’s movement in the life of one man and his vision for reaching the people of his homeland via the use of indigenous laborers.

On the one hand, the obvious response is: Duh!

Naturally, this is the most effective methodology.

But, pragmatically, this flies in the face of established, pragmatic Missions’ philosophy. This sets the stage for God’s movement in the author’s life and the establishment of the ministry of Gospel for Asia.

As I read this story, my heart was both warmed and challenged. In reading, I had to set aside my personal theological convictions and acknowledge the reality God’s works as he deigns to work in non-Western cultural contexts.

I praise the Lord for raising up Gospel For Asia and heartily recommend this book for inclusion in one’s Mission reading list

No comments: