Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Books That Mark

Books which have marked me:

Since leaving the Boy's Farm in '55 and enlisting in the USMC, my life has been characterized by a focus on books. Guess one might label me a bibliophile.

I have not only been given to collecting, but reading; and though I cannot say I have read every book on hand, I have read a host of them!

In the ensuing years I have managed to collect a library of in excess of 10K books.

One of my sons hassles me for the collection; given the electronic availability of many of the ones I have on hand; still, there is to me, something to be said for having the text in hand, etc.!

Anyway, in reflecting, I have thought to list those which, at the moment, come to mind as having impacted me significantly. They represent a broad spectrum of thought, reflective of my personal journey, theologically, and politically and provide an insight into why I think the way I do.

The Bible

Confessions: Augustine

Proslogion: Anselm

Through Gates Of Splendor: Eliot

Daws: Skinner

A Christian View Of Men And Things: Clark

Faith and Saving Faith: Clark

3 Rs: Clark

My Utmost For His Highest
: Chambers

Pursuit Of God: Tozer

Conceived In Liberty: Rothbard

For A New Liberty: Rothbard

Human Action
: Mises

Defending The Undefendable
: Block

Aborting America: Nathanson

The Least Of These: Young

The Nazi Doctors: Lifton

Holy Disobedience: Buzzard-Campbell

The Cost Of Discipleship: Bonhoeffer

The Parousia: Russell

The Cross and the Parousia: King

The Encyclopedia of the Stone-Campbell Movement

No comments: