Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oops!

They Found The Secret

For almost 20+ years of my pilgrimage in The Faith, I sought “…The Secret…”.

I read the Deeper Life Literature.

I sought the experience testified by these saints!

But, try as I might, I was never able to gin it up.

For a while, I was tempted to consider myself a second class believer; unable to measure up!

Then one day I came across 2 Peter 1:16-21.

Peter seems to imply one’s relationship with the text of scripture is more reliable than the sensate encounter!

That insight blew my mind!

The scriptures are objective to me and my personal experience, as with everyone else.

My subjective experience is just that, subjective. It is not verifiable. We each feel, something.

But, God, in His wise providence, left us a written record, against which we bring captive every thought; every experience; yea, everything.

Wow!

Talk about Liberation!

At that moment, the implications of The New Covenant began to dawn on me.

Could it be God was dealing with me as an adult versus child?

Mercy…did this have implications heretofore ignored?

God, dealing with me as an adult?

Oops!

No comments: