Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Monday, October 6, 2008

Grave Moral Danger

Here we go:

Isaiah warned us hundreds of years ago regarding those who offer new definitions, but we seemingly never learn. Our current politicos tell us of chaos just around the corner unless we follow their lead. When the House rejected the argument of the experts the other day, seeming panic ensued, and pressure was brought to bear bringing those out of line into conformity. We heard phrases such as chaos, moral danger, grave danger, and the Media talking heads expostulated as if they really knew what they were talking about.

By no stretch of the imagination am I an economist, but I do have a memory and have lived long enough to recall these failed programs were their ideas. Did anyone hear an admission of personal responsibility for any failed program? Was anyone held accountable? Did any national heads roll?

No, that level of accountability is only applied to serfs.

Every time I make an honest mistake on my check book, my bank hammers the snot out of me with associated charges. Recently, my account was hacked by someone in Europe, and I was charged for their electronic intrusion. The fault lay with me because I had an account.

Aside from hammering serfs when they are not responsible, these beltway bandits operate according to a different standard, and redefine good and evil. Because we are good serfs, products of Public Indoctrination, we go along, because we are fearful and have learned that if we say anything, ask anything, our names are placed on a Terrorist list. Can you believe it? Personal responsibility and legitimate patriotism are now defined as Terrorism.

Isaiah, you had it right. Shamgar, where are you when we need you?

No comments: