Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Monday, November 10, 2008

In Retrospect

Outside of my memories of the days in USMC, my early days in The Navigators, and my days battling the gates in the anti-abortion issue, I have subsequently had little sense of intense camaraderie.

In each of those circumstances I sensed a commitment such as implied in this motto:

If I falter, push me on.

If I stumble, pick me up.

If I retreat, shoot me.

It may be suggested the motto is more fitting or suited for the young and idealistic.

Probably so; but, somehow, there seems to be something within which resonates in the breast of every man. At least those who still claim to have chests!

One is led to wonder if this lack or absence is symptomatic of the wimpiness of present day Christianity?

Christianity need not look to the Corps, French Foreign Legion, or to the Israeli military for its model of commitment.

Mercy, no!

We look to Paul, Ignatius, Athanasius, and a host of other saints down through the ages of church history who did not count their lives dear unto themselves…

Soon, and very soon, similar days may be upon us.

One wonders what history will record?

Faltering?

Stumbling?

Retreat?

Me genoito!

No, in the shadows we will see an army of Shamgars rise, resist, educate, motivate, empower, and multiply to the glory of God, the advance of the kingdom, and the consternation of the "...powers that be...

Hallelujah

In their respective generations they will be anathema.

But, in the annals of the kingdom's advance they will be counted among the "...vanguard..."

Fools for Christ's sake!

Seps Exertus

Semper Fidelis

Frater Infinitas

No comments: