Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

The Apostle Paul admonished us to be thankful.

He also alerted us as to the first step downward in a move from one’s intuitive awareness of God.

In his writings he informs us that those who depart from God and their intuitive awareness are thereby darkened in their understanding. From then on, nothing makes sense, everything is unfair, and they are:”victims”.

Life, for them leads them to Solomon’s conclusion.

But for those who bow beneath the awful hand of God in Christ, life takes on another dimension.

Though, as a result of their bowing, it does not logically follow they are provided with answers, their confidence is in The One who controls all things according to His plan.

Their heart is at rest, irrespective of external circumstance.

Paul refers to this as “…the peace that surpasses understanding…”

So, today, I am thankful. For:

My faithful and awesome wife of 50+ years.

My five children, all of whom, to the best of my knowledge, are part of Christ’s fold.

My fourteen grandchildren, many of whom, though at the moment, not all, own Christ as their King.

My six great-grandchildren for whom my prayer is: come to yield to Christ, whom to know is Life Eternal.

Am I not a blessed man?

To be thankless, is to be stupid!

Thank You, Lord!

No comments: