Pearcey Report

Pearcey Report

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ezekiel

Ezekiel, Ezekiel, Ezekiel

For the past two weeks, I have been unable to get this biblical prophet off my mind!

I have awakened every morning thinking of him.

What gives?

He was contemporary with Jeremiah, who was at least 20+ years older.

He was also contemporary with Daniel.

He was born during the reform movement under Josiah, undoubtedly experienced the ministry of Jeremiah, the death of Josiah, the agony of the first deportation to Babylon, and then deportation with Jehoiachin in 597 BC.

All of this by age 25!

After 5 years of captivity among Israelites harboring a false hope of restoration and subject to the ministry of false prophets, Ezekiel, son of Buzi of the family of Priests is visited by God.

Talk about a paradigm shift!

Through his ministry, we are privileged to see God’s utilization of this man as a pedagogical device.

Though we do not see the same words as those of young Mary, we do see the same obedient conduct.

Thoughts cross my mind: am I currently a tool in God's hand?

Am I willing to be a tool in God’s hand in my generation?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wiki's got some good information on this era of Biblical history.